Copenhagen 3 Seater Oak Futon
From £550.00 Inc. VAT
The Copenhagen 3 Seater Oak Futon
Looking for something different? The Copenhagen 3 seater Futon sofabed has a totally unique Scandinavian inspired arm. The Scandinavian design movement is characterised by simplicity, minimalism and functionality. Using geometric and angular styling, strong clear lines and an unusual top to the arm, the Copenhagen naturally tapers to produce a simple but statement design. The simplicity of this frame is enhanced by the strong construction from superior quality solid American Oak. Timeless and well-designed, this classy trendy frame will enhance any room.
To change the Copenhagen 3 seater sofa to a 4’6” double bed is very simply by lifting the front of the frame slightly and pulling the seat forward. Please note that the Copenhagen frame is only available as a 3 seater model.
- Fashionable and Scandinavian inspired designed solid American Oak arms.
- Strong, strong, strong, this frame will never let you down. No finger-joints here.
- Ultra-easy front conversion from sofa to bed.
- Perfectly combined with a luxury bi-fold futon mattress for the ideal sofa and comfy bed.
Arriving flat-packed to your door (delivery is included in the price*) the Copenhagen 3 seater Oak futon sofa bed is delivered 2 boxes (see dimensions’ tab) making it easy to take to the room of your choice. The futon will be rolled.
*see terms and conditions of free delivery
Converting the sofa into a bed
See our “Video” tab above to see the mechanism in use
- To convert the sofa into a bed, you simply lift gently at the front of the frame and pull forwards. As you pull forwards the back will drop down until eventually it reclines into a bed. This takes a couple of seconds and is very easy to operate.
- When it is down in the bed position, in order to lock it into place, you gently push backwards and the runner located in the arms slide backward and engage to lock the arm.
- To convert back to a seat, simply pull the frame forwards from the front to unlock the runner. Then then walk behind the frame and lift the back of the frame in one motion back to the seat position.
- The bed then locks itself into the seat position.
See more information about the futon mattress fillings available for the Copenhagen 3 Seater Oak Futon in the “Futon Fillings” tab above.
Bespoke futons to order! We can now offer you the option of having a piped edge in a co-ordinating or contrasting colour. You can choose any of the Cotton Drills as a piping option from the drop down menu. In addition you can also now buy cushions and bolsters in your choice of colour.
Upgrade to our Cottonsafe® fabric
Want a natural futon cover? Upgrade to our unique Cottonsafe® cream – natural and safe. Meets all fire regulations without the use of fire retardant chemicals.
Seat height: 80 cm
Seat width: 202 cm at the front and 210 cm at the widest point
Seat depth: 102 cm
Bed length: 187 cm
Bed width: 140 cm
All of our futons come flat packed and the dimensions of the boxed base is:
Box 1 Length: 190 cm
Width: 77 cm
Depth: 16 cm
Box 2 Length: 96 cm
Width: 68 cm
Depth: 13 cm
This short video shows a Hardwood 3 seater frame in action. Our frames are now Oak, which is a slightly lighter shade, but has the same mechanism.
3 Seater Futon Fillings
Please note these futon fillings are not available on the Roma, which only comes with a 16cm thick reflex foam mattress.
A 7-layer futon mattress featuring 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 3 layers of Felt and a twin core of Polyester.
Our most popular futon. It contains 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 3 layers of Felt, 1 layer of Polyester and a layer of Reflex Foam. The foam layer makes the futon a little more firm, and help the futon keep its shape better.
The perfect futon for traditionalist. The TradLux (Traditional Luxury) comprises of 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool and 6 layers of Felt.
A specially developed with an ultra slim line, completely flexible pocket sprung unit to give additional comfort, especially as a bed. It has 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 1 layer of Flexi-Pocket springs and 4 layers of Felt.
This is the most luxurious feel futon mattress. Sourced from eco-friendly suppliers, natural Latex is breathable, retains shape, is supportive and long lasting.
The Cotton Rich futons have the same filling as their non-Cotton Rich counterparts, but with Cotton Rich Felt. Creating the same feel to the futon, but with all the benefits of increased Cotton filling – they are more breathable, cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.