Cavendish 3 Seater Oak Futon
From £560.00 Inc. VAT
Cavendish 3 Seater Oak Futon
The Cavendish 3 seater Oak futon sofa bed is made from American solid Oak and has a contemporary and stylish arm with a flat top. This is useful if you wish to place anything on the arm, such as a glass or magazine. Oak is a beautiful hardwood with a lovely grain pattern. It is study, hard-wearing and very strong.
- The Cavendish 3 seater is made from excellent quality American Oak. It is a contemporary solid American Oak frame. Our competitors’ wooden frames are often made from cheaper thinner woods such as Pine, composite or Rubberwood. These are nowhere near as strong or long-lasting.
- Please note also that some UK futon manufactures are misleading their customers by call Rubberwood ‘Malaysian Oak’. This is NOT Oak but Rubberwood timber which is a lower quality timber.
- We feel that futons frames should be strong enough to hold the weight of 3 adults. As a consequence we do not use finger jointing on any wood stretcher rails (which is the long piece of wood which attaches the arms together). The Cavendish futon uses one solid piece of Oak. Our competitor’s use finger-joints which can collapse over time, breaking the frame. So, the Cavendish Oak 3 seater is a superior product which is guaranteed to last.
Converting the sofa into a bed
See our “Video” tab above to see the mechanism in use
- To convert the sofa into a bed, you simply lift gently at the front of the frame and pull forwards. As you pull forwards the back will drop down until eventually it reclines into a bed. This takes a couple of seconds and is very easy to operate.
- When it is down in the bed position, in order to lock it into place, you gently push backwards and the runner located in the arms slide backward and engage to lock the arm.
- To convert back to a seat, simply pull the frame forwards from the front to unlock the runner. Then then walk behind the frame and lift the back of the frame in one motion back to the seat position.
- The bed then locks itself into the seat position.
See more information about the futon mattress fillings available for the Cavendish 3 Seater Oak Futon in the “Futon Fillings” tab above.
Bespoke futons to order! We can now offer you the option of having a piped edge in a co-ordinating or contrasting colour. You can choose any of the Cotton Drills as a piping option from the drop down menu. In addition you can also now buy cushions and bolsters in your choice of colour.
Upgrade to our Cottonsafe® fabric
Want a natural futon cover? Upgrade to our unique Cottonsafe® cream – natural and safe. Meets all fire regulations without the use of fire retardant chemicals.
Seat height: 80cm / 31.5in
Seat width: 204cm / 80.5in
Seat depth: 96cm / 38in
Bed length: 204cm / 80.5in
Bed width: 137cm / 54in
All of our futons come flat packed and the dimensions of the boxed base is:
Box 1 Length: 191cm
Box 2 Length: 92cm
This short video shows the Hardwood version of the Cavendish 3 seater in action, though this frame has now been replaced with the Oak model, which is a slightly lighter shade, but has the same mechanism.
3 Seater Futon Fillings
Please note these futon fillings are not available on the Roma, which only comes with a 16cm thick reflex foam mattress.
A 7-layer futon mattress featuring 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 3 layers of Felt and a twin core of Polyester.
Our most popular futon. It contains 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 3 layers of Felt, 1 layer of Polyester and a layer of Reflex Foam. The foam layer makes the futon a little more firm, and help the futon keep its shape better.
The perfect futon for traditionalist. The TradLux (Traditional Luxury) comprises of 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool and 6 layers of Felt.
A specially developed with an ultra slim line, completely flexible pocket sprung unit to give additional comfort, especially as a bed. It has 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 1 layer of Flexi-Pocket springs and 4 layers of Felt.
This is the most luxurious feel futon mattress. Sourced from eco-friendly suppliers, natural Latex is breathable, retains shape, is supportive and long lasting.
The Cotton Rich futons have the same filling as their non-Cotton Rich counterparts, but with Cotton Rich Felt. Creating the same feel to the futon, but with all the benefits of increased Cotton filling – they are more breathable, cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.