Akino 3 Seater Oak Futon
From £595.00 Inc. VAT
Akino 3 Seater Oak Futon
The Akino 3 seater has a unique and attractive light to medium solid Oak frame with strong, supportive Pine slats. It has statement oriental western fusion-influenced, striking hatched arms. The arms are at a comfortable and supportive height from the floor when you are sitting on it.
The futon sofabed can seat 3 adults comfortably, and it simply changes into a standard 4’6 (140 cm) double bed. It is a really easy to convert, classy and modern futon sofabed which complements other furniture in all settings.
- The Akino 3 seater has a striking solid American Oak frame. It is heavier and stronger than our competitor’s frames which are made of pine, composite or rubberwood. They are nowhere near as strong or long-lasting.
- The Akino 3 seater Oak frame is made from high quality Oak which is beautifully grained and finished.
- Our stretcher rails (the long piece of wood which attaches the arms together) are made from solid oak single sections unlike our competitors who use composites or finger jointed wood stretcher rails. These are often not strong enough to hold the weight of 3 people and the finger-jointing can easily collapse over time.
Converting the sofa into a bed and back
See our “Video” tab above to see the mechanism in use
- The Akino 3 seater works by lifting the frame slightly at the front of the frame and pulling forwards. The back then comes down and it slides into a standard 4’6 by 6’3 (140 x 190 cm) double bed, sleeping from one end to another lengthwise along the frame. So simple!
- Then, to lock it into the bed position, gently push the bed shape backward which locks the runner into the slot of the arm and locks the frame into position so it doesn’t move whilst down as a bed.
- When putting the bed back into the seating position, simply pull the frame slightly forward from the front to unlock the runner, then walk behind the frame and lift the back of the frame in one action back to the seat position.
See more information about the futon mattress fillings available for the Akino 3 Seater Oak Futon in the “Futon Fillings” tab above.
Bespoke futons to order! We can now offer you the option of having a piped edge in a co-ordinating or contrasting colour. You can choose any of the Cotton Drills as a piping option from the drop down menu. In addition you can also now buy cushions and bolsters in your choice of colour.
Upgrade to our Cottonsafe® fabric
Want a natural futon cover? Upgrade to our unique Cottonsafe® cream or checked fabric – natural and safe. Meets all fire regulations without the use of fire retardant chemicals. View our Cottonsafe® fabric options.
Seat width: 205cm / 81in
Seat depth: 95cm / 38in
Bed length: 205cm (sleeping area 196cm)
Bed width: 137cm (sleeping area 137cm)
All of our futons come flat packed and the dimensions of the boxed base is:
Box 1 Length: 190cm
Box 2 Length: 86cm
3 Seater Futon Fillings
Please note these futon fillings are not available on the Roma, which only comes with a 16cm thick reflex foam mattress.
A 7-layer futon mattress featuring 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 3 layers of Felt and a twin core of Polyester.
Our most popular futon. It contains 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 3 layers of Felt, 1 layer of Polyester and a layer of Reflex Foam. The foam layer makes the futon a little more firm, and help the futon keep its shape better.
The perfect futon for traditionalist. The TradLux (Traditional Luxury) comprises of 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool and 6 layers of Felt.
A specially developed with an ultra slim line, completely flexible pocket sprung unit to give additional comfort, especially as a bed. It has 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 1 layer of Flexi-Pocket springs and 4 layers of Felt.
This is the most luxurious feel futon mattress. Sourced from eco-friendly suppliers, natural Latex is breathable, retains shape, is supportive and long lasting.
The Cotton Rich futons have the same filling as their non-Cotton Rich counterparts, but with Cotton Rich Felt. Creating the same feel to the futon, but with all the benefits of increased Cotton filling – they are more breathable, cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.