Adelphi 3 Seater Oak Futon
From £525.00 Inc. VAT
The NEW Adelphi 3 Seater Oak Futon
With a stunning Art Nouveau inspired arm, this amazing Oak futon frame is a fabulously elegant and modern sofabed. Designed by our Managing Director, this frame is completely unique in the world market. He has taken inspiration from classical design to create a beautiful curved leaf-like shaped arm decoration. Using top quality, hard-wearing and durable American Oak, the whole Adelphi frame has a golden hue and each piece of wood has unique graining. The operating system is straightforward and effortless converting from a 3 seater sofa to a 4’6” double bed by lifting slightly and pulling the seat forward. The Adelphi 3 Seater futon sofabed is a beautiful addition to any room.
The Adelphi 3 seater Oak futon sofabed can seat 3 adults comfortably, and will convert from the front, with minimum effort, into a standard 4’6 (140 cm) double bed.
- Exclusive and distinctive designed solid American Oak arms.
- Simple operation system allowing ease of conversion from sofa to bed.
- Unlike other sofabeds of this type from other manufacturers, this product has solid Oak stretcher rails (the long piece of wood which attaches the arms together) for additional strength and no finger joints.
- Completed with one of our fabulously comfortable bi-fold mattresses.
The Adelphi 3 seater Oak futon sofa bed is delivered flat-packed in 2 boxes (see dimensions below) and the futon is rolled. It is ready for you to assemble in a room of your choice.
Converting the sofa into a bed
See our “Video” tab above to see the mechanism in use
- To convert the sofa into a bed, you simply lift gently at the front of the frame and pull forwards. As you pull forwards the back will drop down until eventually it reclines into a bed. This takes a couple of seconds and is very easy to operate.
- When it is down in the bed position, in order to lock it into place, you gently push backwards and the runner located in the arms slide backward and engage to lock the arm.
- To convert back to a seat, simply pull the frame forwards from the front to unlock the runner. Then then walk behind the frame and lift the back of the frame in one motion back to the seat position.
- The bed then locks itself into the seat position.
See more information about the futon mattress fillings available for the Adelphi 3 Seater Oak Futon in the “Futon Fillings” tab above.
Bespoke futons to order! We can now offer you the option of having a piped edge in a co-ordinating or contrasting colour. You can choose any of the Cotton Drills as a piping option from the drop down menu. In addition you can also now buy cushions and bolsters in your choice of colour.
Upgrade to our Cottonsafe® fabric
Want a natural futon cover? Upgrade to our unique Cottonsafe® cream – natural and safe. Meets all fire regulations without the use of fire retardant chemicals.
Seat height: 80 cm
Seat width: 203 cm
Seat depth: 102 cm
Bed length: 187 cm
Bed width: 140 cm
All of our futons come flat packed and the dimensions of the boxed base is:
Box 1 Length: 190 cm
Width: 77 cm
Depth: 16 cm
Box 2 Length: 101 cm
Width: 65 cm
Depth: 10 cm
This short video shows a Hardwood 3 seater frame in action. Our frames are now Oak, which is a slightly lighter shade, but has the same mechanism.
3 Seater Futon Fillings
Please note these futon fillings are not available on the Roma, which only comes with a 16cm thick reflex foam mattress.
A 7-layer futon mattress featuring 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 3 layers of Felt and a twin core of Polyester.
Our most popular futon. It contains 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 3 layers of Felt, 1 layer of Polyester and a layer of Reflex Foam. The foam layer makes the futon a little more firm, and help the futon keep its shape better.
The perfect futon for traditionalist. The TradLux (Traditional Luxury) comprises of 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool and 6 layers of Felt.
A specially developed with an ultra slim line, completely flexible pocket sprung unit to give additional comfort, especially as a bed. It has 2 layers of Lamb’s Wool, 1 layer of Flexi-Pocket springs and 4 layers of Felt.
This is the most luxurious feel futon mattress. Sourced from eco-friendly suppliers, natural Latex is breathable, retains shape, is supportive and long lasting.
The Cotton Rich futons have the same filling as their non-Cotton Rich counterparts, but with Cotton Rich Felt. Creating the same feel to the futon, but with all the benefits of increased Cotton filling – they are more breathable, cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.